Anniversary Ring

Anniversary Ring

Sunday, March 4, 2007

Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend.......But A Lover In The Rough Is Even Better...

Ok, I had to post this. Yesterday, dh came home and told me to come downstairs. He had a surprise for me. Uh....Ok. A million and one things ran thru my mind when he said he had a *surprise* for me. Like the time that he *surprised* me with tickets to go see Lenard Skynard on New Years Eve - (He is the BIG L.S. fan, I like them, but not enough to go see them in concert. I also had been sick with bronchitis that week, but he thought I would be better within 2 days so that I could go.) or the time he called me at the office to tell me that he had a surprise for me when I got home. I get home to find that he bought *me* a gecko ("well, you said that if we had to have a lizard, that would be the only one that you would allow in the house")-yeah. There have been so many times that he has *surprised* me with things. Things that, quit frankly, I could have done without. But it is the thought that counts, right????

So, I follow him downstairs with some trepidation, to the computer. He logs on and goes to a jewelry store site.

He proceeds to tell me that he received a bonus, hereto unknown to me, and that he kept said bonus a secret. He wanted to buy me an anniversary ring, and if I had found out that he had received this bonus, I would have used it to pay bills or buy things for the kids or him. He said that he was trying to keep it a secret until this upcoming Sat, as he wanted to put it on my hand, but that he was hit with a bunch of nerves. He was afraid that I wouldn't like what he picked out, so he wanted to show me on the website, and in case I didn't like it, we could still change it to another ring.

Well, to be honest, I would NEVER tell him that I didn't like a piece of jewelry that he went to such trouble to buy for me.

So, he pulled up the website, and found the ring....what can I say? I started crying...like a big baby!!! It is beauuuutifull!!

He looked at me and said "I wish it could be bigger, but I hope you like it. And I just want to say that I should have done this 3 years ago on our 10th anniversary. You are my life. It took me a while to realize it, but now that I do, I won't ever forget it."

The ring is beautiful, and I will have it this coming Sat., but to be honest, I already have a diamond, and I am not talking about my wedding ring or anniversary rings.....

2 comments:

Lemon Stand said...

That man is a keeper! And I think you are so wise to know that it was not the ring that was so special (although OMG!!!) it was the feelings behind the gift.

gingabread said...

He likes Lynnie Skinny??? OMGosh...I've been to see them about 6 times :)) must be the metal detector...LMAO