Anniversary Ring

Anniversary Ring

Thursday, August 9, 2007

All In The Family......

Ok, so something happened to me recently, and I find myself wanting to write it down. Since I don't have a diary, I am using this.

As most of my friends know, my family and I recently relocated from Michigan to Arizona. Let me start off by saying that moving in and of itself, is a chore. But moving 3000 miles across country really takes work..lol. During the last week that I was in MI, I was trying to decide what to pack into the moving truck, what to take on my truck, what to throw away, and what to leave at my parents house. During all of this, I was cleaning the house, as we planned on renting it out, and in order to rent it, I had to have the city come out and inspect it to issue a Certificate of Occupancy.

The city came out, inspected, and then gave me a LIST of things that had to be replaced or repaired...sigh. Luckily, I have friends who know how to strip and replace roofs on garages, and I have an uncle who can do drywall, and I have a brother-in-law who can do electrical. This is where the trouble started.....with my brother-in -law....sigh.

My brother-in-law is married to my dh's sister. As I am an only child, I have always loved having a "sister and brother" by marriage. When the City came out, and I was given the list, I called my sister-in-law and asked if Terry could come over and help me with the Certs required work. Since they hadn't offered any other help, I didn't think it would be too much to ask. My sister-in-law said "no problem. He will be over on Monday, after work, and then everyday until he gets it done". GREAT!!! What a load off my mind.

Monday comes around, and Terry comes over. At the time he came over, I had my mother, some of my neighbors/friends, and a girlfriend of mine, over, helping me to get the house emptied and packed.

Now, Terry is a BIG flirt, so consequently, I never take him serious. I noticed his flirting with Lisa, my friend, and his flirting with my female neighbors, but to be honest, didn't think anything of it, as that is how Terry always acts. Well, during the next few days, things would start heating up, more than I could have imagined.

By Weds, Terry had done quit a lot of work that had been on the list. He had come over both Mon and Tues after work, and had worked until about 10pm. He would always say "..I will be back tomorrow to finish this and then I will start on that...", to which I would reply "thanks Terry" and would continue doing whatever it was that I was doing. However, on Weds night, I received a phone call from my sister-in -law asking me if Terry could come over and take a shower. The water main on their street was broken, and the City had shut the water down until it could be repaired.
I told her "sure, that is not a problem". This is my brother-in-law that I have known for 16 years.

About 15 minutes later Terry shows up to take his shower. I was on the phone with my mother, who had left my house to take my kids and put them to bed. (By this time, all of our furniture was on the moving truck headed to AZ and we were staying with my parents those last few nights.) So, I am on the phone when he arrives, and I let him in. I tell him that I hope he brought a towel, as I have packed all of ours already, I then turn my attention back to my phone conversation. However, after 5 minutes, I realized that Terry is not in the shower. He is pacing up and down the hallway, looking as if he is waiting for me to get off the phone. When I finally hang up, he looks at me and says "...wanna join me?" WTF???????!!!!!! I look at him and say "...no, I don't think so.." to which he replies " are you sure? There's enough room in there.." to which I reply again.."NO Terry, I don't want to join you in the shower. I don't think that my HUSBAND or your WIFE would appreciate that."...then I turned around to put some things into a moving box. Up until this point, I thought he was just joking around, however, I did start getting creeped out. When I turned back around, he was standing about a foot away just staring at me...yikes. Now I am seriously uncomfortable. At just that moment however, the phone rings. I pick it up, and it is Jon! thank you god....

Flash forward to today. I never mentioned this episode to dh or his sister, and looking back, I realize that that was my mistake. I should have mentioned it right away, but I wasn't sure what his intentions were. I started to doubt myself, and say that "that's just Terry. You know that he is a big flirt and he jokes around all of the time." --even though, my gut instincts were kicking in and telling me that this is not a good situation. So, I kept quiet until this week. Something happended recently, that made me decide to tell Jon about what happened back in June. To say that he was mad, is to put it mildly. He was upset that I never told him before, and he felt that his sister needed to know. I agreed, that I would want to know. So, before I could get a chance to talk him outta it, dh calls his sister. GREAT. Now, wives are very protective of their husbands. She didn't believe a word that I said. She called me a liar. What is worse, is that she hadn't even heard the story that Lisa would tell me the next day....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got creeped by a fellow blogger. Settled down now.. finally told the dh... Still don't know if that was good or bad... blew over fast here but...

Honestly, men aren't swift, your dh should have just filed it away and slugged him the next time he saw your BIL. You and I know... your SIL would have defended him. And that doesn't help any.