Anniversary Ring

Anniversary Ring

Thursday, January 18, 2007

BAD FROGS....here we come....

So, aside from VB, the Brigade is planning on spending a weekend in April at a bar called "Bad Frogs", lol. As I mentioned in my previous post, this bar/grill is owned by three brother who happen to be active duty SEALs.
Sin had emailed all of us trying to pinpoint a date. I thought I would help, and I emailed Bad Frogs themselves. (I always cut right to the chase, lol.
I expected to receive a reply from the bar manager or some other office staff. To my surprise and delight, Adam, one of the owners, and himself a SEAL, emailed me back! How cool! In my email to him, I mentioned the Brigade coming down to his place, and how we discovered his bar's website. I mentioned how we had ladies coming from across the country (well, across the south and north end anyway) and also coming from Canada. I also told him about Suzanne's website, and how we were all members of her BB.
He had never heard of a romance author dealing writing stories where her main hero's were Navy Seals. He called it intriguing.lol.
He then offered to give us a tour of both bars and help with hotel info! What a sweetie! I mean, in today's culture, how many "owners" would be willing to go the extra mile for a bunch of ladies who are not celebrities or rich? We are just an ordinary group of women. That is what makes this, in my mind, extraordinary.
I guess I am naive, but I was very stoked when I opened my email and saw that he took the time to respond and then to offer to give us tours!
I know that most people would just roll their eyes at me, but in my book, these men are true heroes and gentlemen.
Bad Frogs, here we come!lol.....

2 comments:

Janet Webb said...

Totally off topic, but here's a review of Sexy/Dangerous, the Jenkins book we both liked. Have you had your COFFEE with the author yet you lucky thing???

http://www.likesbooks.com/cgi-bin/bookReview.pl?BookReviewId=6033

The Brigade said...

I have not. Sigh...it has just been so crazy around here!lol. Between school, kids and taxes, I haven't had a chance. I emailed her and asked if we could get together maybe beginning of Feb. I will let ya know!lol...V