Anniversary Ring

Anniversary Ring

Thursday, February 1, 2007

Hairy..er...I mean Harry Potter.....

Yesterday on the BB, pics of Daniel Radcliffe, the actor who portrays "Harry Potter" were posted. Not a big surprise, as they were all over the news and Internet. Anyway, some of the ladies were expressing surprise by how much "Harry" had grown up. I will admit, he has. However, I think that I am in the minority here. While the pics definitely did prove the point that Daniel Radcliffe is no longer a 12 year old, I found them disturbing and, to be frank, very unappealing.
Now, don't get me wrong. I am far, far, far from being a Prude, exhibit A: my "decor" on my blog, and exhibit B: the books that I read.
However, other than Daniel's face, (and, as one lady mentioned, he does have a nice jawline), I didn't see anything appealing. I saw a 17 year old boy, who, at least to me, was very scrawny and pale. The woman who portrays his girlfriend in the play, actually has bigger arms than he does! And I am not sure what disturbed me the most: a 17 year old boy doing complete nudes on stage or the play itself (Equis-one boys sexual/erotic obsession with horses).

Now, to give the boy, and yes I do mean "boy", credit, I can see future potential..lol. But just not now. I emailed the brigade off board yesterday, asking them if I was the only one who thought the pictures were "gross", and, yep, pretty much I was. Oh well, different strokes and all that.
I am not trying to sound bitchy, and I will be the first to apologize for any offense taken, but, again, I just don't see the appeal. Now, you gotta understand, this is coming from a 38 year old woman. If I were 15-18, then, I might have a whole new appreciation for "Hairy Potter". However, I would still say that he needed to get a tan before the clothes came off! And Daniel? I just want to say..it takes more than a tuft of hair on the chest.....lol...V

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAIT A MINUTE....I didn't see your post per say V...I saw a quick flash of him posing somewhere, can't remember where...GBG's CRS is spreading like wild fire..sigh...but what I did see in that quick flash...DID NOT APPEAL...but like you said...I'm not 18...and we aren't going to talk about THAT anymore...:)
nope didn't find him appealing either...probably why I only had a quick flash!

Anonymous said...

Hi.

I posted the same comments last night on mine and linked Crazy Otter's post about it too.

Going to steal the link to this one and edit it into mine.

BTW.. my opinion matched yours.

Sh.

V-Medic said...

LOL!! Sorry Cmdr, I didn't mean "all of the ladies"lol...and, yep...let's leave the whole age thing alone, shall we?lol....V :0)

V-Medic said...

Sheri, good to know. Like I said to the Cmdr, glad I am not the only one that feels this way. The whole thing just kinda leaves a "ick" factor floating around...lol..V:0)