Anniversary Ring

Anniversary Ring

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Alden..great Motivator or the Marquis de Sade?????

Ok, so maybe the title of this post is a bit extreme....so sue me..lol. Last week, I finally got on board and ordered my very own BodyRev. For those of you who are reading this and thinking to yourselves "what the hell is BodyRev" let me explain.

BodyRev is a hand held, free weight, strenght training device. That is a close as I can get to explaining it. Alden Mills is the developer. Alden is a retired Lt.Cmdr in the US Navy SEALs. He came up with this great exercise device that incorporates cardio and core strength training. This little gem only weighs, roughly 11 lbs (with the weights included) and about 5lbs (without engaging the weights). It really is a phenomenal invention. But, like anything, you must use it and not let it sit there, to reap the rewards of it. For more info, feel free to check out Alden's website www.BodyRev.com . But, I digress.

Anyway, I had heard all of the wonderful comments made from the ladies who have become "Revers", so much so, that I wanted to be able to join in.

I have always had to struggle with my weight...sigh. I am 1/2 Asian Indian (courtesey of dad) and 1/2 hillbilly. I had high hopes that I would follow along the lines of my Indian heritage ie: Ash Rai "the most beautiful woman in the world"....yeah...not me. I followed along the lines of my 1/2 hillbilly folk...lol.

So, I order BodyRev. I figured, if I do the BodyRev work out along with my Tae Bo workout, I am gonna be beeeaaauuutifullll....lol. Anyway...my BodyRev comes courtsey of UPS (and their so very cute drivers, but that is another subject altogether...lol) and I dash back into the house, feeling like my four year old must a Christmas, to open it. IT IS HERE!!!!.

So, after changing into proper attire, I begin my work out. Say....this isn't too bad. Butt and thighs....hmmm. Then I move onto the cardio workout. Again....not too bad. I finish doing the butt and thighs portion twice and the cardio once. Feeling very proud of myself, I let everyone know that I made it thru and feel great.

Two hours later....I am still proud of myself, but "I thought I had some Motren around here".....2 hours later, " I think that I will take a hot bath"...lol..

Yep, the next morning........OMG!!! My butt and my thighs were BURNING!!!!!! GOOD GAWD AMIGHTY!!! I LOVE THIS LITTLE THING!!!!!!!! I have since done the butt/thighs and cardio again. My dvd was not working correctly, so Alden and Co. are sending me a new one. When that arrives it will be on to the abs and arms, and counting alligators... I can't wait. Who knew that I would be so into sadomasochisim? I can't wait....let the torture begin.....V

5 comments:

R&R said...

LMAO!!! I think this is more like what the Revvers were expecting. Can't wait for mine to get here so Alden can start hurting me too.

Janet Webb said...

OMG ... poor baby!!! I was beginning to think you were made of cast iron ... don't worry: it will get better :)

Any chance you can go for a walk or anything? I'm going hiking this afternoon in the rain ... I suppose that's good for the complexion, right?

Thanks for sharing :)

V-Medic said...

LOL!! Nope Janet, I was not impervious!lol. I can't wait to get my new vhs tape. I want to do the abs and arms! I don't have time to walk usually. By the time I get home from classes, then the kids, etc. Hmm...I guess walking all over the campus could be considered walking....but I just alternate BR with TB...which has a lot of kicks, jogging in place and stuff. I started REALLY being careful on what I ate about 10 days ago and i have lost 8 lbs. I have a LOT to lose, so between the two workouts, I am sure that I will be posting more reactions..lol...V

Anonymous said...

ah, one of my favorite past times...lying on the floor...CURSIN that #$@^&* MOFO ALDEN!!!!! ...he does bring out the worst in me:)...I wonder if he has a ringing in his ears CONSTANTLY?...Poor Baby...

emily said...

V!!!!!!!!!!!!! you ARE human!!! {{hugs you}} phew... ya scared me, chica... i kept thinking "why doesn't she hurt? how come she's still standing?" not that i especially want you to hurt, you understand, it's just that i remember so fondly the day after the day after my first bodyrev workout, when i couldn't straighten up, or sit, or walk, or pretty much anything... i felt like barbie, standing on her tiptoes (only, without the tiny waist and the big boobs), trying to totter around... it was like the back of my legs shrunk or something... yep that's alden - the marquis de sade... he only LOOKS sweet and innocent...