Anniversary Ring

Anniversary Ring

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Do you like Pina Coladas and being caught in the rain?....

All day today, the weather has been the top story. One would think, that here in Michigan, you would kinda get used to having snow in February. I mean, geesh, winter is our longest month! And when I say "month", by this I mean children, that it feels like it is one looooonnnnngggg month that never, ever ends.

Last week schools were closed due to the ungodly artic temps that we, along with our neighboring states, had to endure. I can handle cold, but -10 with windchill of -20 is not cold. It is F****** Insane! Now....we have snow...yippee.

I was a nervous wreck this evening. Dh went to the Hard Rock Cafe in Detroit to see some aging rocker guy play an acoustic set in front of other aging, rocker fans. The weather forecasters were saying that by the late this evening, yeah right about the time dh was scheduled to come home, it would be "white-out" conditions. So, I did what many a wife before me has done, I sat home and waited. And waited. And watched the news. And saw spin-outs all over the place. GREAT.

See, I don't like dh's driving. To be frank...it sucks. He, like many a man that I have known, thinks that he is the "Andretiinator". What I mean by that is this: He has two speeds - FAST and STOPPED, hence the "Andrettii" portion of his title. He also drives like he is Arnold's clone in the Terminator, and there you have the "nator" portion. Scares the bejesus outtta me everytime I get into the car with him. Now, add this to him driving my brand new truck
because "it has full coverage and my van only has PL and PD" and I have a whole nother issue...sigh.

So, anyway...the news has been forecasting this Winter Storm for the past 48 hours or so. My question is: Are the roads salted? Are the plows out? Have they canceled school yet? Nope. We are waiting......again.

So, now that dh is home and my truck is safe, I am playing the above mentioned song, drinking, not a Pina Colada, but a coffe with Baileys and watching it snow. Again.
Is it summer yet? I swear I can feel the sand under my toes.......

3 comments:

SINFUL said...

Is DH a MI native? Cause that's my experience with how they all drive . . . and no whimpy blizzard is gonna slow down a Michigander . . . thus the spins out you were watching on TV.

You teach the kids to drive - K?

V-Medic said...

LOL!!! Sin, you are so right!! I have decided that I am going to invest in horses for the future. Cheaper all the way around.
1. I can let the graze, and never have to worry about having the lawn mowed again.
2. Kids will have doo-do duty, instead of waxing a car, they will muck out the stables, and then I won't have to worry about fertilizer for my garden, right?
3. My insurance will surely go down, and how many nights like last will they want to "drive" in??????lol....it has serious merit I tell ya. lol...V

Lemon Stand said...

I'm afraid that driving like that is not restricted to MI natives. My DH was born and raised in Maine and they don't call them Maniacs for nothing! I have almost as much grey hair from HIS driving as I do from just having kids. The oldest turns 16 in June. I'm not ready, I tell ya. I'm too young to die of a heart attack!