Anniversary Ring

Anniversary Ring

Friday, February 16, 2007

Girls will be.....well.....Girls!

I was just at Tweet's blog. The first thing that caught my eye was the "countdown" she has for the Bad Frogs Op. I mean she has it down to the seconds!lol. Can ya tell that we girls need this little weekend getaway??????

I am so excited about it. It seems like I have come to *know* these wonderful ladies so well, that everytime I read an email, or see one of us on the BB, the song that goes thru my mind is one of two: "We Are Family"-by Sister Sledge Or "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" by Cindy Lauper...lol.

The other day, dh and I got into a discussion, well, to be frank, lets call it like it was, an argument. He told me that me and my *posse* (can you actually believe he said that? and him a white boy) - anyway, he said that maybe we are a little outta control with our SEAL addoration. Hmmmmmm..let me think about this a little....NOPE.

Now, this is coming from a man who, at last count, has approx. (and I am not shitting you) $20-30 thousand, yes darlin- that is THOUSANDS, of dollars worth of KISS Memorilbila, and sports collectables. Add that to the "Build a Guitar" phase that he went thur a little while back, and now I am paying on a sep insurance clause for said memoriblia. Every time that KISS (his FAVORITE BAND) has been in town, around town or not to far from town, to perform, dh and his buddies have gone to see them. Include into this the "KISS conventions, KISS specials on VH1 or MTV that I *had to tape for him*, and now Gene Simmons' "Family Jewels" on t.v., and you kinda get the picture. So, when he started critizing my little *hobby*, Mamma wasn't too happy. And, as he has learned recently, when Mamma ain't happy, no one is happy.

He had the balls to say that my infatuation with SEALs was akin to looking for another man! Whereas *his* hobby is regarding a *band*- like that makes it ok for a 40 year old man to get all stary eyed and speak in an awe filled voice about a bunch of middle age men who made their living singing, partying and seducing all while wearing more make-up than should be allowed and wearing heels that I would kill myself in if I tried to walk two feet, and dress in too tight jeans and a leather jacket that should have been thrown out during the *first* Bush administration. Give me a break!

I looked at him and said "I am going to meet a bunch of women that I have been in contact with for some time now. The SEAL aspect was just the common denominator in the equation"- I like to use these types of terms just to piss him off, -so sue me..lol.

I then proceeded to tell him that it is a "girls weekend away"...and that, should the need arise, the brothers Frog will make sure that we have a good time. And lastly, as far as I knew, jails still let you make one phone call, and to stay off the phone, just in case..and that the credit card should have enough to pay for bail........all the while humming "Girls Just Want to Have Fun"....

1 comment:

Janet Webb said...

Thanks V! My eyes thank you too :)