Anniversary Ring

Anniversary Ring

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I Have A List, And I Am Not Afraid To Use It.....

I started this post on the 27th of March, and I finished it on the 4th of April...sorry for the confusion on the dates....


So, it has been a few since I last posted. What can I say? I have been a little bit overwhelmed. I believe the last time we met, dh had just flown out to Arizona for a job interview. Well my darlings.....he got the job. YIPEEE!!!!! I am actually very excited. A little apprehensive, but excited none the less. Now, however, the work starts, at least for me. YIKES.

I spoke with Tweet a few days ago, and she gave me some very helpful tips. The biggest one is: Make a list!! So- I took her words to heart. I went out and got myself a 300 page notebook, and away I went. I have been writing in it every day.

So, today is day 9, and I feel as if I am going around in circles...jeesh. As I posted last on the BB, I am having a little bit of a "separation issue" with dh. See, he doesn't want to separate with any of his "treasures"...(that would be *junk* in wife speak). I swear by all that is holy, I have come across so much stuff that should have been tossed years ago!! The dust on some of this stuff is older than my firstborn! The leather "biker" jacket, circa: 1983-85, which creaks worse than my arthritic grandmother, and that dh couldn't wear again, unless he had a time machine and a star membership to Jenny Craig. The golf clubs that a neighbor gave him when *they* were cleaning out their house. The only golf dh knows is put-put, but he is hell on wheels in a golf cart!lol. And I am sure you are asking..."well, are you going to get rid of your stuff?" .....DONE!lol. I periodically get rid of stuff. I can't stand clutter. Maybe this is the reason that dh hid all of his treasures in the basement storage room? Out of sight, and wife won't throw out..lol.

So, now the basement and garage are all done, because we are following my list...heheh. Next is the upstairs. We hauled garbage bag after garbage bag to the front for today's pickup. I don't feel so bad for not doing my body rev...lol. I have five weeks left of dh being home...yikes! He has been home for a total of 5 days, and I was ready to kill him yesterday! Why can't a man just go with the flow? Why does everything have to be a "discussion"....grr. It got to the point that yesterday, while we were out in the garage, we were "discussing" something, and the next thing I knew, I was yelling at him! I went to the front of the house to get away for a second, before I beaned him with one of his clubs, and my neighbors are just standing there laughing at me. One of my neighbors looked at me and said "..he's only been home 4 days. Are you gonna make it the next few weeks? Or do we need to get the bail fund ready?"..meanwhile she is laughing her hinnie off. That in turn made me laugh. At least I know that other women understand...lol.

So, today, I told him that I was taking a break. Dh asked me if the break time was on "The List", and I said "since I am the author of said list, it is now!"..lol. I think he was relieved. He had this "deer in the headlights" look about him this morning...maybe because I have had him going since last Sat morning....*shrugs*....see, I have a list...lol.....V:0)SmileyCentral.com

1 comment:

R&R said...

"Out of sight, and wife won't throw out."

LMAO...that's awesome. Ummm, maybe that's what happend in the building formerly known as my garage???

Psssst...hope you didn't tell TWB I'm the one who told you to make the list...another few weeks and he'll really hate me :o)

Keep up the great work and don't forget to write ME-TIME on the list : )